Saturday, December 19, 2015

Another Week at McDowell Mountain

 

I am composing this post with the new Open Live Writer, happy to be back in my comfort zone. Don’t have much to say or many photos to post, as we have mostly been biking and hiking around the park, and have photographed it all before.

Never tire of the views.

P1030363

The other day we did laundry in Mesa, then met our friend Debbie (currently in Casa Grande) for lunch at SanTan Brewing Company in Chandler. Beer and food were very good, as was the company. Here is Jim showing her the Surface 3, and she is showing off the cute Christmas bracelet given to her by another friend, Annie.

20151215_132751

Debbie loaned me her sewing machine, so I’ve been working on making some new privacy drapes. I think this is the third time I’ve made new ones, and now that the cats are older and a little better, I’m hoping they won’t tear these up like they did the others. Ah, the joys of raising kittens!

McDowell Mountain Park 2015, Fountain Hills, AZ2

Northern flicker, a new visitor to the hummingbird feeder and more cat entertainment.

DSC03645

That’s about all the excitement from around here. If you are reading this, Open Live Writer is a success.

Okay, I got OLW to work but had to play with some settings so excuse any multiple postings.

10 comments:

  1. OLW seems to be working although Al said there are still bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first photo is just gorgeous:) Yes, one doesn't tire of the beautiful mountain views:) The cats seem to be enjoying themselves. Love their harness coats. Good that you provide entertainment for them when they are inside:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at Elvis outside acting all courageous!

    That landscape shot is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodee Gravel has left a new comment on your post "Another Week at McDowell Mountain":

    Beautiful view indeed! Elvis looks very chic in his outdoor gear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've gotten the hang of OLW. I'm still tweaking mine. I know what you mean about kittens. It's a good thing they are so darn cute, huh? Our 4 year old Baxter can still cause his share of trouble. We're missing having a kitten around, until I remember what trouble they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures the color is wonderful. Hope the cats and the flicker don't have a meet up. OLW works great except it still gives me a 403 error every time and I have to redo the password.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got a 403 error the first time, too. Haven't done another post yet so I'll see if it happens every time. Still nice to have it back!

      Delete
  7. Hi Jim and Gayle, we would love to meet and hike with you. We will be walking around the campground this morning and attempt if you are home, if not lets find a day to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous opening photo! Good to see your handsome cats out in their jackets. We just rescued two kittens from the shelter last week, I'm vowing to turn them in to travelers so they'll need jackets eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That landscape shot is gorgeous - almost looks like a 3-D photo. And the Northern Flicker? Great shot - I haven't seen that one around. I hope I get one visiting me. That would be another new bird for my log. He's really pretty.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Jim! I hope we'll meet up this season. :)

    ReplyDelete